Big Mama Taylor Blog

Big Mama Taylor Blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Kristen Bell

To my faithful 4 readers, don't worry I am back! We are now fully settled in Weston,  and after a trip to Wisconsin for my best friend's wedding, I am truly living in Florida. I couldn't help but write about what has been the primary focus for me in the last month or so of my life, one brought on by moving: Emotions.

I had an amazing little going away get together right before I left Texas. I won't go in to how the night ended with me leaving half-eaten Whataburger on top of my neighbor's mailbox following dancing the night away at the gay club. Or how I left the garage door open the whole night and went to bed at 4 a.m. with my wonderful in laws in town knowing that our movers were showing up at 7 a.m. Instead I'll talk about classier things.

Well one of my very favorite people I'm so sad to leave in College Station, Natalie, tells me about this video that has hit youtube of actor Kristen Bell on the Ellen show. Here is the link...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5jw3T3Jy70
Trust me this is worth watching. This girl cracks me up! Well Natalie tells me that it is kind of scary how on this little segment she is exactly like we are - insane, emotional girls. You know, the kind that cry at Hallmark commercials? The kind that act crabby the rest of the day after seeing the Sarah Machlachan save the animals commercials because they're so distraught about the animals? I cried on the couch 2 nights ago TALKING to my mother in law about the Notebook. Not watching it. Discussing it. Pathetic. Well to me this is hilarious and spot on. As Kristen Bell explains to Ellen, "If I'm not between a 3 and a 7 on the emotional scale, I'm crying." I'm up, I'm crying. I'm down, I'm crying. So alarmingly true! Look at her in the clip at about 2:12 in. She's heaving in bed, just how I look when I run out of reeces cups and have to get out of bed and pause the Housewives to get more.

During the wedding I just attended last weekend in Wisconsin, my emotions were obviously on a rampant kick. I love my best friend Tara so much, and she has married someone who treats her wonderfully, so naturally, I'm going to be the idiot maid of honor who is bawling at the alter as she walks up. Later in the night, one of the Bride's overserved guests came up to me and without introduction just said "boy, you really lost it up there." Then he asked me to dance to Elton John's "Tiny Dancer." Oh fabulous, I thought as he spun me around, I thought maybe nobody noticed. But when you're an over-emotional nut job like me, it's kind of hard NOT to notice.

One day at Gold's last year I was crying, like real tears streaming down my face, reading about Arnold Schwarznegar (that can't be spelled right, too lazy to look it up) and Maria Schriver getting divorced. Not only do I not know these people, I don't even have anything that would connect me to these people, like similar careers or anything. You can only imagine how I was pregnant. Just with normal hormones I'm a wreck, so obviously the 10 months I was expecting followed by the 9 months you're flooded with post-baby hormones, I was pretty much a useless heap of emotions for 2 years.

My emotions don't just extend to the sad. I get incredibly over excited about fun stuff as well. If I'm in a good mood you can usually find me baking 80-100 chocolate chip cookies for absolutely no reason at all. When I know I have out of town guests coming in, I typically make at least 3 cakes. I decided not to throw Brooks a 1st birthday party except to have family over because I knew it would be so out of control before it even happened. I would get so wrapped up in a zoo themed party I saw on Pinterest I would be ordering Brooks' friends cheetahs as party favors.

Well, emotions aside, Florida is beautiful so far. The area we live in is a bit like Stepford Wives, with perfect palm-tree lined streets, running trails, swimming pools and ice cream trucks. But I really miss my friends in Texas. I miss being able to text my friend Jess "can we run and vent in 20 minutes" and she would be on my door step with a McDonald's coffee and a smile.

I can tell it's only a matter of time before I'm going to have to really step it up in the looks and maintenance department if I'm going to make it here. All the Stepford Wives here are perfectly groomed, botox and tanned and I'm the schlump in workout clothes in the corner of the park with macaroni glued to my butt...and I'm probably quietly sobbing. I tried to get my butt in gear at the YMCA and went to a class called "Pump It" but everyone was in Lululemon workout gear and had their hair done, and the teacher taught half the class in Spanish. I was out of my element and retreated to the treadmill to sweat alone.

So to all the schlumpy, sarcastic, Housewives-watching, over-emotional Florida mommies, if you're out there, call me.

5 comments:

  1. Watching that video just made my day! So glad you added that into your hilarious post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved the sloth video! Haha I think the 3-7 scale is pretty accurate for me too! Miss you guys! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved this one! You are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are far more beautiful than those "Weston Housewives"
    Those women don't even remember their children's names that's how bad the tanning has become,they forget how to smile because the botox has gone overboard. "Mom,are you angry?" "No,honey,its the botox it will wear off in a few hours"

    ReplyDelete