Big Mama Taylor Blog

Big Mama Taylor Blog

Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Here I go!



Hi Friends! I would first like to thank you if you are taking the time to read this. I'm new at this so hopefully each post will get better and better. I have been wanting to blog for awhile. Now that I am a stay at home mom, it does feel like my brain could use a little stretching now and again, and this seems like a great outlet to me. I'm really not sure yet how I will use this.....I think it will be fun to tell the silly stories about being a mom that make me laugh....I think it will be fun to share the crazy life of a coaches' wife (and daughter).....I think it will be interesting to post the pictures and blogs I look at for house ideas, because I love to share, and to read others' posts.....and finally, I think it will be fun to archive all my thoughts so that I can reflect with my family on them later.


I will start today with what we did this morning. Tuesday/Thursday my hubby gets to go in at 7, not the usual 5 am, so we got to push Brooks around on the Thomas the Train engine toy my mom bought him yesterday. Since Zac is a GA our money is tight so I am so incredibly thankful for my mom who brings over a treat for Brooks (and sometimes me;) at least once a week. I really cherish these mornings we can spend even 20 minutes together before Zac is out the door for the day. Most days he will not see Brooks again, unless we make a special effort to go up to practice or Tuesdays (TODAY!) because it is "family night" and we go up to eat dinner with Zac and all the coaches. This morning Brooks enjoyed being pushed around on the train by Zac and I enjoyed watching.


This weekend I am going to Charity Ball for the Bryan/College Station Junior League. I am so excited for a night out and my date is one of my dear friends in town Natalie Johnson. Zac will be away at the Kansas State game, and her hubby Will Johnson does all the announcing for the football games, and naturally, he also does not want to attend a ball either. So I am excited for a night of fancy dresses, dancing, and wine :) I just cannot decide on what to wear and I think I will post some of my options tomorrow, and hopefully all of my friends can help me decide. HAH! If you are reading this, I am depending on your help.


Well I think this is a good start for me, thanks for reading and I do hope things get more interesting each day....stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. You forgot to mention how Zac was yelling "All Aboard!" as he pushed Brooks around in Thomas the Train :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh....JL ball reminds me this is the one year anniversary of me actually meeting you! I'll never forget that adorable belly and you out on the dance floor. My husband seriously said "that girl is gonna bounce that baby right out of there". Haha...have a blast

    ReplyDelete
  3. This blog is going to be so entertaining. Can't wait to see your dress options! :)

    ReplyDelete