Big Mama Taylor Blog

Big Mama Taylor Blog

Sunday, November 20, 2011

My sweet baby has the trots



Yup you have read that right. I’ve been classy long enough. 3 whole blog posts! Classy no more. It’s time to get down the nitty gritty. Today was a really trying day. Brooks had FOUR yes 4, quatro, FOUR dirty diapers.


My husband is a football coach. This morning he left at 6:30 a.m. and he will not be home until 10 or 11. So who changes them all??? Well, our live in maid took the day off, so it was me. Now, here’s the scoop for WHY my poor little man had so much movement. Disclaimer: this is the long version.


This morning he woke up at 4 a.m. because he has his very first ear infection. He was diagnosed early Saturday morning before the Kansas game. Um, hardest thing I have dealt with yet. I have been having a hard month. It’s a lot of things all wrapped up and multiplied by the fact that I really, really need this football season to be done and Zac to be home with us more! But when the doctor told me his right ear looked a TEENY BIT off, I literally started to ball.


That poor on-call doctor did not know what he walked into! Over emotional mommy, that’s what. I felt overwhelming guilt, if I had taken him in earlier for a little cough he has had, would he have not gotten it? He has not been sick at ALL since he was born besides the reflux he battled for 9 months. So this was just new, and I wondered if I have been negligent taking him to the Gold’s gym day care, etc? Overwhelming “bad mommy” thoughts sprinted through my brain as I sobbed and clutched him in the outdated doctor’s office. That sweet man was awesome. He gave me a little hug and went on and on about it is wonderful Brooks was a month early, weighed 6 lbs, and is now a stout 23 lbs, and just experiencing his first ear infection. He told me that I’m doing wonderful. And I loved him for it! I really needed that sweet encouragement. Who cares if he was a total stranger and probably just worried I wasn’t going to be able to stop crying!? Bahah!


So back to the poops-Brooks wakes at 4 a.m. fussing, and we get up and play and watch Barney and eat breakfast. I am in a tired haze and didn’t realize it but the food I grabbed to feed him was spinach, and more spinach. Poor kid! So at about 5:15 he pukes bright green all over our stark white slipcovered beautiful couch. Yes I’m the idiot with a baby boy and a white couch. Sue me! Praise the Lord he goes back down at 6 a.m. until about 8.


At this point Zac has left and when Brooks gets up and I try to act like it’s just a normal morning and the 4 a.m. thing didn’t happen. So I feed him some fruit, and while I was washing the high chair tray I notice he has gone into my bedroom. I have made our house very safe for Brooks and allow him to go wherever he pleases. He typically wanders and comes right back to me, but this time he is gone about 20 seconds and I hear a squeal of excitement, so I run into the room. The child has gotten into a plate of about 12 homemade chocolate chip cookies on my night stand and has chocolate all over his face, and his fists are bursting with chocolate ooey gooey goodness. And he is ecstatic with himself.


*yes, I had cookies on my nightstand. Yes, I eat cookies in bed. Often. there is literally always something chocolate on my nightstand. I have a problem.
I clean up quickly and count about 8 or 9 cookies still remaining. Meaning my almost one year old 23 pound hot mess of a baby just ate 3 HUGE chocolate chip cookies. He is bouncing off the wall and I have no idea what to expect for the rest of the day! Well news flash: chocolate chip cookies give Brooksy the trots. I felt like it was a nonstop poop train today! Hahaha.


Here is what I have gathered from my sweet little man’s first ear infection though – it’s something I’ve really struggled with since he was born. WE MOMS ARE TOO HARD ON OURSELVES! I am embarrassed to tell people that he has his ear infection. Which is really cray cray! I think we should all be shouting from the roof tops our fears and our insecurities because it will make us all feel better to know we are with faults and we all make mistakes. I have to remind myself that Jesus is the only perfect perfect to ever live.


I do feel at times like this society is pushing moms, women, to just try to one up each other, and be that perfect, put together mom who has just finished 10 crafts, made homemade baby food, and teaches their baby Spanish and French when it’s rainy out. Then there’s me at the park, Brooks is eating rocks and I smell like a lovely mixture of BO and Body Works vanilla sugar, I’m wearing gross workout clothes that probably have baby food on them and I’m sweating and chasing after him but I’m happy. Imperfectly happy. Luckily I do have quite a few normal mommy friends who are not interested in this competitive business. And I really appreciate them!


Tonight I walked with my sweet neighbor Jaime and carried a glass of wine with me. Neighborhood booze cruises are so totally necessary once in a while. It was blissful. We committed to one another that we will start going to a body pump lifting class twice a week in December. I’m posting that on here so I have another reason to hold up this deal. I have wanted to get back into this class since my wedding. When I was engaged I did this classy quite religiously and had wonderfully taught gams on my wedding day. Since that point I have really upped the amount of chocolate I eat in bed and have not been back to the class consistently and it seems my wobbly bits are a bit more wobbly. So I’m looking forward to that Jaime! I’m hoping by February or March I will look like Camille from the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills. Hahahha. Until next time!

6 comments:

  1. you are a GREAT MOM!!! Love the Blog,,,keep them commin'
    MA Shermies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are hilarious! I am loving the blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great post...I love reading your blog. You are a great Mom and I am in your boat! I am also known to really love chocolate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah Taylor...you are an amazing mom! You have your insecurities and i have mine! I'm the mom pulling crazy hours and feel like i'm nuts for having baby #2 with all I have on my plate! You inspire me! Thank you friend!!
    Bel

    ReplyDelete
  5. I honestly bust up every blog I read of yours, Sarah. Love you!!

    ReplyDelete